Hi all

Have not read the whole thread yet; might it be that the forces involved
cause the Hydrogen to get sucked/pushed away from the surface into the bulk
of the hydrate in preference to starting the reaction and that in the case
of bulk materials the reaction only takes place when the bulk of material
is full to over flowing on to the surface or in to the cracks or whiskers
that form the NAE?

Kind Regards walker