Dear Axil,
first what is shown is not benign, but this does not say DGT is criminal
from its inception.
Desperate people do stupid things; Paranoid people do stupid things.

The second is however that if it was a mistake, or even a temporary failure
during a demo, and even if the demo was indeed tweaked as Luca describe,
Defkalion had 9 month, in private or in public, to reassure Luca himself,
and why not us.

In the case, the case I judge as sign of "huge lack of wisdom", that
despite not answering to luca, Defkalion anyway have a working reactor in
it's lab, it should let Luca test it (even if only calorimetry is allowed,
only but all calorimetry method), or if they don't trust him, let a third
party make a boiler test and inform Luca.

I'm conscious that in that affair many millions have been burned, and more
of Xanthoulis money than of Gamberale&al , so I don't estimate that it was
a void scam story...

however something irrational, desperate, paranoid, have happened... whether
it was wishful thinking, self-delusion, conspiracy theories, it is no more
our business.
question is if it works or not.
A boiler test made by a non physicist team (why not electricians and
plumbers, experience in testing), would give a solid answer and no risk of
IP leak.

By the way I feel it is absurd to ask physicist to do calorimetry ... it is
a job of plumbers, electricians, their engineer counter parts,
petrochemist, boiler testers,   or at worst of industry chemist.
Physicist (true for nuclear physicists, less for others), as Beaudette
explained, are incompetent in calorimetry, and are only good to find the
theory, not to challenge the experimental results.