On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I have a few observations that are not being discussed here (and I may be
> missing something) from the slides from the MIT Colloquium.
>
>    - *The report for the control experiment with no excess heat also
>    showed the decline of the M/e=4 species and rise of the M/e=2 &3 species*.
>     The two curves look qualitatively the same.
>    - In both experiments (excess heat and control), there appears to be a
>    loss of total mass of gas vs. time -  by almost half in mass across the
>    experiment.
>    - Most of the mass loss was lost in the first half of the experiment,
>    then remaining nearly constant - yet the excess heat continued at about the
>    same power.  It appears that the excess heat does not correlate well with
>    the loss of total mass of gas.
>    - The excess heat does not correlate with the amount of M/e=4 species.
>    - The gas "quantity" (is this a number of particles "quantity"?) grew
>    across the experiment even though the gas total mass declined.
>    - The excess heat does seem to correlate with Mizuno's total gas
>    quantity curve and the M/e=2 curve which look similar.
>
> These are good points.  Note especially your bolded point, about the M/e=2
species increasing in both the excess heat run and the control.  Either the
control is not a control, or the increase in M/e=2 species is unrelated to
the effect being observed.  Note also that the maximum reactor temperature
shown on slide 30 within the first 10k seconds was 70 C (not very hot).
 The experiment (including this particular trial?) lasted for a month, so
perhaps the temperature increased beyond this later on.  This detail is not
necessarily indicative of artifact, but it's interesting from a
commercialization perspective.

Here is the link I have to the slides:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/YoshinoHreplicable.pdf

Was a carefully edited writeup of the same experiment made available at
some point?  I do not think one can conclude much from conference slides.

Eric