There is another version which no one talks about any more, which is housed in
silicon carbide. This ceramic version was the one Rossi described in his
tribute to Focardi as the breakthrough leading to the HotCat, after which, it
was never mentioned again.

I have been trying to find the reference for this, since Rossi apparently
removed it from JoNP. E-Cat World still has the story of the Focardi tribute
and the “incident at Brasimone” which at one time led me to believe that
silicon carbide tubes were important.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2013/06/22/sergio-focardi-dies/

Rossi quote: See you soon, my great Friend and Master Sergio! I will never
forget our work together and that day in the Brasimone Nuclear facility.

Apparently “that day” was when the HotCat first went operational. Rossi had
said in the original story that the tube was silicon carbide, because that is
what they had specialized in at Brasimone, ceramic plumbing for the Italian
molten salt reactor.

There is a very good technical reason why SiC could be important – plasmon
polaritons. SiC emits a nearly coherent blackbody level which is most unique
and it is exactly the wavelength NASA says is important. It could be
coincidental, or the reference could have been removed from JoNP because it
gave away too much. This paper shows the sharp emission peak at ~11 microns
"Infrared properties of SiC particles" Mutschke et al.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9903031.pdf

The plasmon/polariton connection to THz radiation in the far IR spectrum could
be one key to robust LENR, as we seem to find in the HotCat. The paper by
Hagelstein, Cravens and Letts includes some of the theory which would tie it
all together with IR photons at 11 micron resonance.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LettsDstimulatio.pdf

However, since no reference ever appeared again to SiC, and all of the new
HotCats seem to show stainless steel exterior, perhaps this detail will remain
a false alarm, or else a mystery which will unfold in a couple of weeks.

Jones