Jones

I have had the same thoughts that Steven just wrote.

Regards,
Bob

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SmartphonOrionworks - Steven Vincent
Johnson <orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:
Jones,

I'd like to add...

I can respect your doubt, your suspicions. I understand the credibility factor
that Rossi does not inspire in many. I also get it what the text books are
saying, that the alleged isotope shift is impossible, not without a hell of a
lot of nasty radiation for which the experimenters apparently claim they did
not detect. It seems to me that we have a fascinating mystery here. No one
doubts the fact that this matter needs a much closer look.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ll assume you're using the Occam’s razor
explanation - that the most likely explanation is that it’s all due to a shell
game on Rossi’s part because, well, cuz the text books say this just couldn’t
happen. Certainly, that is a logical assumption one can make. But IMO it’s just
one of many explanations. It's also possible, however improbable it might be
after eliminating all the other explanations, that perhaps the textbooks will
eventually need to be revised. In the meantime we have yet to eliminate many
other potential explanations that are bound to come up soon.

Truth of the matter is... I just don’t know what really happened. I think I can
live with that, at least for now. Can you?

I realize you may disagree with me on this matter, but everything you have said
so far pertaining to why you appear to believe Rossi’s cheated gives me the
impression that you really don’t know Rossi’s motivations, not any more than I
know. Perhaps this comes across as insulting since I suspect I don’t have as
much formal physics education under my belt as you seem to display. But no
matter. Truth of the matter, I’m beginning to devalue your conjecture on
Rossi's motives because I get tired of watching your posts constantly be on
offensive. What I know about such debating tactics is that it's really just
another learned defense strategy… a political deflection… to make the other
candidate look more like the real idiot. It deflects personal scrutiny on you.
Over and over, I've noticed this strategy of offense on your part. It's
incredibly predictable, particularly whenever you and Rothwell come to odds
with each other's opinions. It quickly devolves into a pissing match. Granted,
I must admit it can be a form of low-brow entertainment for the rest of us. On
a higher-brow note, it's a good example of how humans engage in the fight vs.
flight response via the medium of debating. (My debating genes are better than
yours.)

Let me be even clearer on this point. You give me the strong impression that
you really need to convince yourself that Rossi cheated. Who and what is
telling you definitively resolve the unexpected isotopic shift findings? Why
put such an unnecessary responsibility on your shoulders? All that is likely to
do is turn you into another Krivit, and we all see how well that is working out
for him. What I’m trying to suggest here is that it would not be a disgrace to
entertain the possibility that Rossi's actions remain an enigma for most of us.
Why should you think you are any different? To admit such a possibility may be
the wisest thing we CAN admit to ourselves. It can be incredibly freeing to the
psyche.

Just my two “free” cents.

Steven Vincent Johnson

Svjart.orionworks.com