In the steady state, I don't think the reaction powder will be any cooler
than the vessel.  If the photons are absorbed in the vessel and the vessel
heats, the surrounding vessel will radiate, conduct, and convect heat back
to the powder which will drive it to be the same temperature as the
surrounding vessel.

I also believe the 3-phase drive could be there to create a linear moving
magnetic field.  If there is any plasma inside the reactor vessel (perhaps
Li), then the 3-phase drive will cause it to be driven from one end to the
other, and in the end cause a convection circulation effect.  Such an
effect will rapidly equalize the temperature between the powder and inner
shell.

Don't think of these powders as somehow suspended in the center of the
inner reactor tube.  It is also likely that at the temperatures above 1000C
that there is no active LENR powder that is "free" anymore.  This powder
probably has sintered itself to the inside of the inner alumina tube, where
there will be direct thermally conductive contact - almost like a thick
film paste on a substrate.