Jones--

As you may remember I was at the University of Bologna on September 19th
exactly 1 month ago with the objective of visiting Levi.  I do not believe he
was "well paid" for his work at Lugano.

The University would not accept a donation from me  to assist in LENR research
at the University or any other donation unless it was specifically approved by
the Italian Government.  I was informed that there is an Italian law to this
effect disallowing donations to Italian universities, at least those that are
state owned.  The Physics Department head professor noted that there would be a
lot of paper work necessary to even propose a donation.   I got the idea that
any effort to go through the red tape would be useless.

Separately, while in Bologna I was informed that it would be doubtful that Levi
would accept any kind of payment or donation of any kind  and still remain a
professor.  This was an outside opinion by what I consider a knowledgeable
Italian source.    In this regard I concluded that Focardi was never paid by
Rossi while being a professor.   He and Levi worked together and seemed to me
to be of like minds.

The reason I was not able to meet with Levi himself is not clear, however, in
reflection I believe he was in Lugano working on the report we have been
discussing.   I have not confirmed this with him.  I may try in the future not
that I am back with my desk top keyboard.

Bob