David, I take it you now accept that energy can be stored without
increasing mass?

I can see you have avoided tackling the subject so I assume this is an
admission that you can't.

This then means we can produce a reactionless drive by changing between
forms of energy that do and do not contribute mass.

As for the microwave cavity, if you put microwaves in a cavity, how long
after you stop pumping in microwaves do they stop bouncing around inside?
Real world, which means an imperfect cavity.
So the production of thrust seems to occur as a bonus. We can't really
observe that the energy loss is greater because thrust is produced.

Additionally the argument energy could come to nothing it maybe in a sense
correct, but only because a true reactionless drive by default will destroy
the conservation of energy by allowing both the creation and destruction of
energy. Creation because reaching double the speed with the same energy
cost is a violation as it implies eventually gaining more from acceleration
that the energy cost.
And indeed because opposing kinetic energy results in a net loss of energy.

But an assumption about the perfection of the CoE should not be assumed
since that is just a theory and one that is based on the assumption that
the fabric of space does not change. But if this device is pushing on the
virtual particles of space or maybe the Higgs Boson or space time it's self
then energy would not necessarily be conserved.

Here is an article on the non-conservation of energy:

http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2010/02/22/energy-is-not-conserved/

Please remember that the conservation of energy is just an idea based on
symmetry.

And I would personally argue that treating energy like a supernatural force
makes no sense and that any example of energy being converted and conserved
looks much more like creation and destruction of energy happening in
perfect balance.

And that giving energy some life, some existence besides the mechanics of
the situation is mysticism.

John