And so says Lalo Martins on 27/03/06 13:16...
> A record could be just a PCR to a remote object.  Or even better, a
> Vobject containing the remote PCR, but also some metadata.

Er.  Remote PCRs are probably not the most useful representation,
specially seeing as we may already be using remote PCRs in the tree
itself to distribute it VOS-style.  Rather, an unbound number of
properties containing IP addresses?  You could even have properties
named "pointer:ipv4" and "pointer:ipv6". (When VIP supports ipv6.)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/
technical:                    http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/