Yeah, so his ideas cut accross all kinds of layers and aspects of
networking.   so I don't think VOS can be "THE" solution to the problems
he explains, but it can provide a few key tools. Namely it can be a data
storage system, both for originals, and replicated copies, and for
store-and-forward,  If we include stuff like hash "fingerprints", and
signing/encrypting data objects, versions, and caching and distributing
copies in a clever way.

Maybe it could be used for routing search/query/response messages, but maybe
not.

For discovering resources in a particular local communications
environment (e.g. local wireless network) it's probably best for
something like zeroconf or other broadcast queries.

Not sure how VOS could fit in with multicast. Not sure if that's
something we should worry about here, since multicast has turned out to
be something of a dead end on the internet, and most local networks as
well that haven't been set up with the possability of multicast in mind.

Reed