> I don't quite understand what you need versioning for. The bulk of
> changes you get in a shared word is avatar movement, which may wind
> up to ~30 changes per second per avatar.

Nice question, there must be a control on what is covered by versioning.
It may be enough for some applications to have older versions only for
the "world" without anything dynamic inside, so that versioning reflects
only changes introduced by world developers. There may be cases where
users (represented as avatars) change the world while interacting with
it and those changes, but not information on the avatar itself should be
put into versioning. Actually, if the world is thought of as a shared
work environment, and folks are sketching and talking, than one could
think of this process as something that could be implemented as
versioning, and the interaction should be "recorded" for the time-span
of the meeting. The interactive nature of worlds raises the question if
we are talking about versioning or recording, and in this context the
question of resolution (the 30 snapshots/second being a funny extreme).

Sorry if this has all been discussed before, I am rather new on this
list, but is sound very interesting to me and touching some key concepts
necessary for future development of online content.

CU Lars.