On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 06:58:36PM -0400, Reed Hedges wrote:

> OK, it turns out this is just G++ 4.1.3 being stricter than older G++'s.
>
> Our CS branch actually had a partial fix for this problem but -
> bizarrely - it was conditional on the compiler being MSVC 7.1!!  I
> looked at current CS svn and it just declares csPrintFormatter and
> IEEEwhatever::mantissa correctly  to begin with.
>
> I'll commit this to our crystalspace branch.   How do I regenerate the
> .tar.gz?

Use /home/bzroot/vosscripts/makeexports

> Incidentally, crystalspace.tar.gz is humongous. To redownload it in less
> than a few hours on my dialup connection I went in and deleted a bunch
> of stuff from the scripts/msvc* directories, the entire data directory,
> and some of the plugin code we don't use.  Maybe we should do the same
> for our branch (at least delete the data directory).

Careful, I'm pretty sure there are some essential CS config files stored
in the data directory.

> I might also change vos/m4/cs.m4 to only compile some of the CS
> plugins instead of all of them (many of which terangreal does not and
> will probably never use).

Go for it -- anything that reduces build time is helpful.  The main
challenge wrt to CS plugins is that some plugins rely on other plugins,
so it takes some work to actually determine which plugins we're using
and which ones we arn't.

--
[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]