Is there any rhyme or reason to site ids?

If all libraries will ship a separate site (as XOD or something) with
their OTDs, won't that pollute the site id space?

And aren't them bound to clash at some point?  Maybe set up a registry of
library site ids somewhere in the website?

Or is this (library OTD) going to be substantially different later on?

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/