The new type IDs are still bothering me a bit too (among other things,
like the code namespaces).  A huge advantage of the old user-invented
type names is that they were natural to understand and easy to remember.
   We're going to have to do a lot of cutting and pasting, and when we
get one digit wrong, will be tearing our hair out over it.  (Or the only
option will be to use the GUI tool.)

Why not have a type/class have separate "secure" (crypto) ID, and name.
  When you use a human-readable name in the UI client or in a XOD or
whatever, VOS could just look up the OTD/record of the type/class and
gets its crypto ID, and throw an error or ignore it if there are name
conflicts or not found.  In the actual internal inter-object
references/links it would use the crypto ID.

Also, what in the HelloWorld example is autogenerated and what isn't?

Reed

--
http://interreality.org/~reed