On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:44 PM Lee <liuchongm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The expression of boltzmann inversion is V=-kBTln(P). And the distribution P
> is related to the scale of the x-coordinate. The plot of bond distribution
> with different units are attached. In votca, all the processes including
> calculating distributions and boltzmann inversion are finished with units nm.
> So can I say that the obtained potential table used in lammps is converted by
> V=-kBTln(P) with the length units nm? So in lammps, the dynamic simulation is
> finished with length units angstroms but with the potential corresponding to
> units nm.

Well, V(x)= -kBTln(P(x)) and x can be a distance or an angle etc. V
and P are always parameterized by the same variable in its units. Also
P(x) is a distribution and hence is unit-less, plus the normalization
of the distribution doesn't matter much as ln(a*P)=ln a + ln P and
hence only leads to an irrelevant offset in the potential and doesn't
matter to the forces.

Christoph

> 在 2018年11月20日星期二 UTC+8下午11:43:59,Christoph Junghans写道:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 2:04 AM Lee <liucho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >     I have another question. If my units command is real in lammps which
>> > the units of distance and energy are angstroms and Kcal/mole respectively,
>> > what shoud I change in the setting file in order to get the potential
>> > table with right units? Now, the bond and angle potential of the CG system
>> > are much lower than the corresponding atomic system.
>>
>> Usually VOTCA calculated things in Gromacs units (so nm, kJ/mol etc.),
>> but if you only calculate RDFs you don't need to change anything as
>> input and output are both in nm and hence there is no scaling
>> involved. So this will work for angstroms as well. Additionally, you
>> need to make sure that kBT is in the right unit in the settings file.
>>
>> Christoph
>> >     Thanks a lot.
>> >
>> > 在 2018年11月20日星期二 UTC+8上午5:52:29,Christoph Junghans写道:

>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Christoph Junghans
>> Web: http://www.compphys.de