On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 3:13 AM Thomas Meng <thomasmen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Christoph. Sorry to bother again!
>
> At around the 45th IBI iteration using LAMMPS as the sampling program, I came
> across a problem saying that "bond atoms are missing". Then I checked the
> pair potential I generated, it looks weird and there comes a strange
> 'step-shaped' turn at around 3~4 Angstrom. Noticed that the position is near
> where the target RDF becomes non-zero, so I wonder why my system didn't
> generate a zero RDF before that point.
>
> Maybe the problem is due to the accumulative effect of the potential before
> it? You know, because U_(n+1) = U_(n) + delta_U, so the delta_U before3~4
> Angstrom is always positive in my case and resulted in that problem? What
> should I do to solve it?

That usually means something went wrong with the extrapolation on the
min side, most likely it wasn't steep enough to prevent particles from
coming too close. You will have to play a bit with the r_min for that
interaction. Set it so that the rdf is not quite 0 yet, but so that it
is very steep. As the average steepness is what determines the
extrapolation.

Christoph

> 在 2018年12月8日星期六 UTC+8下午9:21:53,Christoph Junghans写道:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:05 AM Thomas Meng <thomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks, I think I understood what you said about the topol.xml's bonded
>> > definition thing. In order to perform the ibi
>> > calculation, it seems that I need to write a new topol.xml for my
>> > coarse-grained system. Besides, I could also use
>> > a lammps data file as a topol file as you mentioned before with a little
>> > modification to the setting.xml file. However, the
>> > use of lammps data as a topol may not be appropriate for ibi calculation.
>> >
>> > I tested my polyether system using both the CG configuration' data and a
>> > house-written topol.xml as the topol file to
>> > realize the ibi procedure.Then I compared the resulted RDF generated by
>> > these calculations after only one iteration,
>> > and they are just different (I attached the figures). It could be
>> > obviously observed that the peak of RDF is a bit higher
>> > than the target one, however that is very similiar to the RDF without
>> > considering those bond interactions which I calculated
>> > before. So, I guess that as a topo file, the LAMMPS data didn't consider
>> > the bonded interaction correctly.
>> Yes, I think you are correct, in the RDF from the data files no
>> exclusions seemed to generated, "csg_dump --excl" should confirm that
>> as well.
>> So I guess we still need to improve on the data reader a bit.
>>
>> Christoph
>> >
>> > 在 2018年12月7日星期五 UTC+8下午8:49:08,Christoph Junghans写道:

>> > --
>>

>> --
>> Christoph Junghans
>> Web: http://www.compphys.de