Hi,
I'm new to Alix and still waiting for a CF Card, so until I get one I'm using Voyage from USB. How about such drives? Do they also have a writes limit? Probably so, but is it bigger than on CFs? I was thinking of a scenario in which I use my CF card as a 'main' disk with the system and stuff (RO), and a USB drive instead of the RAM as a 'frequent access RW disk' which I would sync with the CF card once in a while (daily for example).
What do you think of such a solution? It could be extended to RAM -> USB -> CF but that seems a bit far fetched - I mean how bad can daily writes be to a CF Card? I've been using one in my palmtop for 4 or 5 years now and it's still OK...
Regards, QmQ -- This message has been scanned by ArcaMail, ArcaVir 2009 scanned 2009-03-24 23:58:03, engine: 2009.0010, base: 2009.03.24 15:46:01 www.arcabit.pl _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
