Hi Punky For me to be able to use the new Voyage I need to be able to save changes with out a reboot.
I'd spent some time looking at this issue and had decided that something like what your talking about was going to be needed. I want to move the list of aufs directories in to a /etc/defaul file as this will survive as upgrade. Mike Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote: > Hi Mike, > > Currently it is not support, at least not the same way you can do like > 0.5.2. There are some problem on it once 0.6 is now using aufs. > > The /var/log you see in 0.6 is an aufs filesystem, which is mounted > using two branches. At the bottom the read-only /var/log and at the > top a tmpfs /lib/init/rw/var/log. All changes goes to > /lib/init/rw/var/log. > > The problem is since there are running process are using files in > /var/log, so you cannot unmount or remount /var/log after sync > operations. > > I am exploring a way to have a new options that all writes will go to > a standalone tmpfs using mount --bind options, so that when setup > /var/log > > 1. mount /var/log to elsewhere say, /ro/var/log > 2. copy /ro/var/log to /lib/init/rw/var/log > 3. mount --bind /lib/init/rw/var/log /var/log > 4. then you can do sync from /var/log to /ro/var/log periodically. > 5. Before reboot, sync /var/log to /ro/var/log. > > Regards, > Punky > > > Mike O'Connor wrote: >> Hi All >> >> Any ideas about how I might be able to sync the aufs to flash with our a >> reboot ? >> >> Mike >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Voyage-linux mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux >> > > _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
