Hello Guys,
I'm looking for some help understanding how to use the sync scripts in 0.6.2 as I've been playing with them this afternoon and unable to get them to do what I'm looking for and I suspect I'm not using them properly. I've got a directory which I want to be synced to the disk on shutdown and also I want to be able to schedule a cron script which runs once an hour and syncs the directory to the disk manually, in case of power failure. I've added the directory to the /etc/default/voyage-utils file like so: # apart from /var/tmp and /var/log, add extra directories to sync from tmpfs VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS="/etc/thinkblue" And this appears to work well, any changes in this directory are committed to the disk on reboot. However, trying to sync this directory manually like follows: remountrw /etc/init.d/voyage-sync sync remountro The commands run just fine, however, if I then simulate a power loss by pulling the plug and restarting the system then the changes are not there when the system comes back to life. Am I doing something wrong? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Rob
_______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
