I've written a wiki page about the RO-RW feature, because I was also confused by it, having previously used DSL-N with aufs overlay over the whole filesystem. Voyage works a bit differently.
wiki page <http://wiki.voyage.hk/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=rw_ro> How to configure and use the /ro and /rw directories Comments or wiki updates welcome. Rodney > Robert, > > looking through voyage-sync: despite the word 'sync' appearing > throughout, > I think it isn't actually doing a file system sync, it is just copying > the writeable layer (tmpfs/aufs) to the underlying layer e.g. flash > drive. > > That may not sync for some time, or shutdown. > > How about doing this for an experiment: > remountrw > /etc/init.d/voyage-sync sync > sync > remountro > > > Rodney > > > Robert Rawlins wrote: > ... > # apart from /var/tmp and /var/log, add extra directories to sync from > tmpfs > > VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS="/etc/thinkblue" > > And this appears to work well, any changes in this directory are committed > to the disk on reboot. However, trying to sync this directory manually > like > follows: > > remountrw > /etc/init.d/voyage-sync sync > remountro > > > The commands run just fine, however, if I then simulate a power loss by > pulling the plug and restarting the system then the changes are not there > when the system comes back to life. > ... > _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
