Hi Punky,

thanks for getting back to me on this.

> Just let me know what exact kernel config to turn on and I will
> enable in the next kernel.
I suggest at least

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=m

CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=m
CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7=m
CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7_ACPI=y
CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8=m

CONFIG_I2C=y

to get frequency throttling and I2C up and running.

Another thing: I noticed that the APU runs ~4 degC cooler on 3.2.x kernels
than on any of the 3.1x.y ones, even if the ondemand governor throttles to 800
MHz on all of them. That's why I'm still using 3.2 kernels on the APU. Have
you seen anything similar?

> I was surprised that why debian (wheezy) stock kernel won't work for
> you.  Perhaps you could try the backport kernels:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy-backports&searchon=names&keywords=linux-image
I had tried them all, and none of them work with my wifi card. That's why I'm
wondering what you did in Voyage. As I said, it might not even be in the ath*
drivers as I took them from your source tree and built them in the Debian
kernel - didn't work.

> And Christian, thank you for the APU led driver.  But what are the
> differences between Christian's and the one posted by Jordi Ferrer
> Plana?
I just read this thread. It seems to me that the one by Lutz in the original
post is practically identical to mine (but I was first, I wrote mine in
January :)
The one by Jordi seems to be a full-fledged GPIO driver. The LED 'driver' then
uses those GPIO calls. Overkill for just the LEDs but more powerful of course.

thanks,
-Christian