Hello everyone,

I'm using Voyage 0.8 on the ALIX.

Please help me connect ALIX with my laptop through a serial port to usb
converter. Has anyone ever tried it? Do suggest if there is some different
approach.

My OS: UBUNTU 12.04 Using Device : ALIX 6F2

I'm trying to connect ALIX to my PC using a Serial port to USB connection.
On doing '*dmesg*' it detects the converter and shows following message:

[ 804.047907] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=067b, idProduct=2303

[ 804.047917] usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=0

[ 804.047923] usb 2-2: Product: USB-Serial Controller D

[ 804.047928] usb 2-2: Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc.

[ 804.048499] pl2303 2-2:1.0: pl2303 converter detected

[ 804.049207] usb 2-2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0

I even added the vendor Id and product id in my /etc/modules file and it
looks like :

lp

vendor=0x067b product=0x2303

I configured putty over */etc/ttyUSB0* with speed(baud) = 9600 as well as
115200.

But when I power up my ALIX board, nothing is displayed over putty. I even
tried with *minicom* and *gtkterm*

Please help me in this regard. Many thanks in advance :) :)

--
Thanks and Regards
Abhay Gupta

--
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret.