Hello Peter,

on 10-Apr-00 you wrote :

» Hi Norbert,
» What is the matter with the "About:Cache" function found under
» the "Cache/Goto Disk Cache" pull down menu? I know that maybe
» it's missing some of the sorting functions of the old V2.xx but
» you can at least still browse the cache.

   a. Did you try 'About:Cache' with your 21,076 MB cache size,
      how long does it take to show up?
      (My cache size is set to 100 MB.)

   b. I often visit web sites while searching for articles I
      need for my work (scientific topics, civil engineering,
      tunnel design). I wander through the web-site, taking down
      some notes, and after that I often decide it would be helpful
      to move the whole bunch of pages I visted on this web-site
      (including graphics) to my HD. Try this with the
      'About:Cache' or the 'Save..' menus and you're goin' nuts.
      [OK, I admit I can use a smart extra utility which
       loads the pages *again* (here it is *again*!)]

But to get things into the right relation, my intention was
to remark that a thing like V-NG's tiny CacheBrowser would
be nice for V³ too. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm well aware of the fact that there are many other things
which have to done for V³ before this feature may reach the
topten of the todo list. ;-)

So for now I'm using my Apple G4 MacIntosh for this
kind of web access.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions,
have a nice day.

Regards

     NR
--
Remark of the day :

As of next week,
passwords are to be entered in morse code.
--
Amiga 2000 B/2060ERC  - PicIV/Pic96      - 19" Iiyama S901GT
2/112 MB Chip/FastMem - 2x2.7 GB SCSI HD - 48 x SCSI CD-ROM