On 10-Avr-00   12:30:02, Uffe Holst wrote:

> > This bug has been fixed in 3.1 and you get a new Cache Pruner as a bonus.

> As long as V³ trims it nicely at 256 MB, I am more than satisfied :)))

> But I did noticed the Cache Pruner. It reports "3237k used" and that is not
> very much i accordance with the 200.719.454 bytes size of my cache. Why?

Well, for obvious reasons V won't calculate the size of the cache everytime
you start it so it stores it. Since this is a new feature it might not be set
correctly. Open the Cache Pruner and press the 'Start' button, it'll begin
scanning the cache directory then if the computed size doesn't match the
stored size it'll update it and tell you to press 'Start' again.

> When I noticed that my cache had reached 381 MB, I trimmed it simply by
> generating a bunch of delete commands like.

>   list V3-Cache/#?/#? lformat "delete %f" upto 31-dec-99 >RAM:DeleteCache

> or something like that. And then executed the deleted batch file. This
> removed around 200 megs, and brought the cache size down to around 180 MB.
> Would that totally have ruined Voyager's understanding of the cache size?

Well, if you do something like that now then it would.

> And a minor thing -- in my opinion the Cache Pruner window needs a "Cancel"
> button.

The 'Start' button becomes a 'Stop' button once it's pressed :)

--
David Gerber

How do you emasculate an NT Admin?
Remove the ball from the mouse.