In a message of 27-May-04 Jörgen Danielsson wrote:

 > Yes I know how it is. But I do make a difference between "suck" and
 > "lack in features". IBrowse is a nice program but lacks in features.

Well, IBrowse is indeed a very nice application, no doubt about that. But
when an application's utility is too low - and IBrowse's utility is too
low, since it is not capable of handling much too many sites - then I still
like to say, that IBrowse suck.

But as far as its features reach, IBrowse works great and is a very stable
application. Crashes caused by IBrowse is indeed very rare, though IBrowse
is still the application being the cause of 90 percent of all my crashes.
But it is surely a lot more stable than Voyager.

 > I took another route. I bought an A1 instead of a PC. This allows me to
 > use AOS 4.0 and I can use Linux wich have Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox,
 > Opera and Konqueror. It also has Java but lacks a good flash-plugin.
 > Still it's more than enough for browsing.

I also considered this approach. But in my opinion an A1 is much too
expensive. Though it is capable of running Linux, and hence necessary
applications like a browser, but with my limited knowledge of Linux I still
find it to be too much of a hacker's OS, and I simply haven't got the time
these days to learn how a new OS works. Even though I knew just as little
about Windows, it is a lot easier to use. Using Windows XP everything
installs itself more or less by itselfs. To some extent I got the feeling:
wow, this is how AmigaOS could have been.

 > And if I really need flash [...]

Flash really should be exorcised from the internet.

 >> So I think the Amiga is dead when it comes to browsing.

 > They are too far behind, I agree. Lets hope that IBrowse gets released
 > soon Amizilla are being worked on and hopefully that will be released
 > too sometimes, allthough it will not be anytime soon I'm sure.

That's the real problem. It is not going to happen soon enough.

 > Pegasus was the best client some years ago.

There also seem to be a mail client called Eudora that seems quite popular.
Will have to look into it. And as far as I can gather, Forte Agent seems to
be the best news client.

 > But if you don't find anything you like you can allways run WinUAE ;-) .

Yes, that could be a solution, but ...

 > Regards J=F6rgen Danielsson

Why does the mailing list fuck up your MIME?

--

Uffe Holst