Three simple reasons why there won't be a version of Voyager for
AmigaOS 4.0:

1) Because the pre-release is only available to people who spend
€800 on a broken motherboard to which the entire relevant Vapor
team has chosen and bought (or been given) the cheaper, better
alternative platform.

2) Because there is only one person working on it right now
(David) and he's busy. The other two people who would dare
spend time on it (Oliver, and may I say myself) are also busy.

3) Because none of you would buy it beyond a veritable trickle-
going-on-handful, and the m68k version works under AmigaOS 4.0
regardless, doesn't it?

Considering 1) and 2), there is no motivation or scope to look at
what features could be leveraged in AmigaOS 4.0 for Voyager beyond
those capabilities existing in AmigaOS 3.1 and 3rd-party enhancements.
This validates 3).

In answer to the question "will there be a new m68k version",
see 2).

And now the challenge:

I'll personally port Voyager to OS4 if I get 2 free Mini-ITX boards
(G3 and G4 for testing), a copy of OS4, top level support from the
developers, the developer kit & tools plus source code, and can
guarantee at least 1000 registrations of the new version (of which,
by the way, I receive absolutely nothing, so it isn't a money thing)
or funds to match.

Chances of that happening? LOOK! A FLYING PIG OVER THE BLUE MOON!

End of discussion.

--
Matt Sealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations