If somebody submits plugin change + 3 lines of new
code in critical ip4 path, I will greatly benefit from +1 received from
plugin maintainer and i will focus on this 3 lines.
If I don’t have +1 from plugin maintainer, i will just left whole diff
in the gerrit, simply because i don't have a clue about that plugin.

But really, the committer will have nothing to add about the plugin in this case.

A more efficient process would be to let an IPv4 committer review and commit the IPv4 change, with the Plugin committer separately doing likewise.

Many open source project require that patches be made separately for component.

Ray K