From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Burt Silverman
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 5:46 PM
To: Jon Loeliger <j...@netgate.com>
Cc: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] VPP Build Bombing Out on libsvm.la?

I don't have a great answer, but this is something I would try.
If you have a clean git repository, with no local uncommitted modifications (if
you have any, then stash them so they won't be lost), I would try from the top
of the tree:
$ rm -rf *  #make sure you do not use .*
$ git checkout .
Now try your entire build sequence again.
The reasoning is: if you checkout an older level AND build AND then switch to
master, sometimes some crud is left around. Although one would expect that crud
to be harmless, it cannot hurt for you to do an extra check. More sophisticated
debugging can be done if the problem does not get solved this simple(ton) way.
Burt

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Jon Loeliger