Thank you. As you mentioned function f, could you please tell for which function respected stack is created and what is that function f is responsible for?

On Tuesday 30 May 2017 05:10 PM, Dave Barach (dbarach) wrote:
Longjmp.S provides setjmp/longjmp and "call a function f on a new stack"
support for multiple CPU architectures. Switching stacks involves saving, restoring, and
avoiding damage to registers. The file is written in multiple assembly languages.

If you have specific questions, I'm willing to take a shot at answering them.
You'll need to look at instruction set reference documents and compiler ABI
documents to fully understand each implementation.

If you're not experienced with assembly language programming, I'd be tempted to
steer clear. Stipulate that the code works, and move on...

Thanks... Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Mahesh Ishwar Mathad
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:07 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Need some help on VPP

Hi Guys,

I need some help in understanding contents of the file ie.
./src/vppinfra/longjmp.S .

--
Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh Mathad.

Disclaimer:- The information contained in this electronic message and any
addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and
destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. The views expressed in
this E-mail message (including the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s) if any) are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with
authority, states them to be the views of GlobalEdge. Before opening any mail
and attachments please check them for viruses .GlobalEdge does not accept any
liability for virus infected mails.