Please look at the clib_calljmp(...) call in src/vlib/unix/main.c. It calls the
function "thread0" on the first allocated thread stack. All of the other calls
are similar.

Thanks... Dave

From: Mahesh Ishwar Mathad [mailto:mi.mah...@globaledgesoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:25 AM
To: Dave Barach (dbarach) <dbar...@cisco.com>; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Need some help on VPP

Thank you. As you mentioned function f, could you please tell for which
function respected stack is created and what is that function f is responsible
for?
On Tuesday 30 May 2017 05:10 PM, Dave Barach (dbarach) wrote:

Longjmp.S provides setjmp/longjmp and "call a function f on a new stack"
support for multiple CPU architectures. Switching stacks involves saving,
restoring, and avoiding damage to registers. The file is written in multiple
assembly languages.

If you have specific questions, I'm willing to take a shot at answering them.
You'll need to look at instruction set reference documents and compiler ABI
documents to fully understand each implementation.

If you're not experienced with assembly language programming, I'd be tempted to
steer clear. Stipulate that the code works, and move on...

Thanks... Dave