From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev@lists.fd.io] On Behalf Of Avi Cohen
(A)
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:08 AM

To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] VPP vs XDP-eBPF performance numbers - for linux
containers

Thank you Jarome
I'm working with LXC , but should be applied for docker as well I can connect
the container through  a virtio-user port in  VPP, and a tap interface in
kernel But we pay for a  vhost kthread  that is copying  data from kernel to
user space and viceversa.
Another option is to connect with veth pair - but the performance is further
degraded

Another issue is how VPP interface with sandbox?

Best Regards
Avi

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8235): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/8235