Garbriel and all,

I am working on the release packaging for 18.01.1 for Centos.

I want to discuss the subunit requirement in deps and in the spec file originally introduced in this patch.

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=vpp.git;a=commitdiff;h=d3e671e0dbb879d90f00bdee608ee0bb5f6357ae

Although subunit is in Fedora (and EPEL), it is not available in Centos so the subunit requirement breaks release builds for Centos.

The following patch was merged in October and cherry-picked into 1710 which made this requirement Fedora only.

e41289115ffb24d95a5d0bc2ef33001d06a28688

Subsequently in this commit

b8bbd6521fbab6579e4c571f61489f995f56bc78, it was made a requirement for Centos as well.

I want to propose an upstream patch to remove the subunit requirement for Centos but I should check with everyone as to the implications.

--Tom

--
*Thomas F Herbert*
NFV and Fast Data Planes