Hi VPP experts,

I would like to shed light on a particular scenario/usecase that I'm trying to
implement in VPP.

The scenario demands egress packet routing to be done based on the source IP of
the packet rather than the destination IP. I found a similar discussion in the
VPP mail archive( https://www.mail- archive.com/vpp-...@lists.fd.
io/msg06886.html (
https://www.mail-archive.com/vpp-dev@lists.fd.io/msg06886.html ) ), but the
solution discussed there would not be applicable for routing multiple source IP
packets having different routes.

I understand that we can configure multiple routing table in VPP with unique
routes in them, but would I be able to make the FIB lookup towards a particular
table based on source IP?

If I take an analogy from Linux kernel, does VPP support functionality similar
to 'ip rule' command, wherein we can specify a routing table to be used for a
particular source IP.

Looking forward to your advice and support in finding a solution to this.

Thanks & Regards,
Georgi