From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of "georgi.mel...@gmail.com"
<georgi.mel...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 27 August 2018 at 07:28
To: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] Source Based Routing #vpp

Hi VPP experts,

I would like to shed light on a particular scenario/usecase that I'm trying to
implement in VPP.

The scenario demands egress packet routing to be done based on the source IP of
the packet rather than the destination IP. I found a similar discussion in the
VPP mail
archive(https://www.mail-archive.com/vpp-dev@lists.fd.io/msg06886.html), but
the solution discussed there would not be applicable for routing multiple
source IP packets having different routes.

I understand that we can configure multiple routing table in VPP with unique
routes in them, but would I be able to make the FIB lookup towards a particular
table based on source IP?

If I take an analogy from Linux kernel, does VPP support functionality similar
to 'ip rule' command, wherein we can specify a routing table to be used for a
particular source IP.

Looking forward to your advice and support in finding a solution to this.

Thanks & Regards,
Georgi