My impression is that there is a disconnect between someone putting something
on gerrit and a vpp maintainer reviewing and contributor merging.

I was thinking of having a script processing the review queue and generating
reports for each maintainer. Then give each author a chance to get their code
reviewed and merged.

I would like to try the gentle nudge first. If we go down the abandon route,
certainly not without sending alerts first.

So a tentative -1.

Cheers
Ole