Hi Chinmaya,

In VPP's Makefile (vpp/Makefile at master · FDio/vpp · GitHub <https://github.com/FDio/vpp/blob/master/Makefile>) line 65 to 182 contains the necessary packages to be installed for compiling vpp (depends on your OS). You may  install these packages on your host manually before compiling VPP.

Regards,

Fan