log in to the system from the livecd as root and use fdisk to delete all the partitions on the disk.

This is from memory, but the command/output should be something like:
# fdisk /dev/sda
Command (m for help): d
partition number : 1
Command (m for help): d
partition number: 2
Command (m for help): d
Command (m for help): w
Command (m for help) q

Keep using the "d" command and then picking numbers until it stops asking for partition numbers and you should have a clean disk that Vyatta can install to.

Then try again. Be aware that this will destroy all data on the disk, so if you need anything off that disk first, take a backup now...

Aubrey Wells
Senior Engineer
Shelton | Johns Technology Group
A Vyatta Ready Partner