  From: Jesse Robertson
  To: vyatta-users@mailman.vyatta.com
  Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 1:52 PM
  Subject: [Vyatta-users] Ethernet card responding to multiple addresses

  I'm just beginning to learn about this and am in the process of setting up a
test router.  I have installed 3 ethernet cards in the test pc of various
brands and ages ( I used what I had laying around and this is only replacing a
linksys BEFSX41 (Hopefully)).  The software recognizes the 3 separate cards and
has called them eth 0 - 2 and reads there MAC addresses nicely.  I set each
card to its own IP 192.168.1.30/24 -192.168.1.32/24 and when I go to Configure
and Show it displays correctly.  The issue is that I have only connected one
card to a switch and that is showing up as all three ip addresses.  It responds
intermittently to pings and though I activated the WebGUI I cannot access it.

  If someone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate the help.
Thanks

  Jesse