Hi Ken,

Let me 1st address point #4.  There is a new routing engine that has
better performance, better scalability and a lot more features.  Because
of this the commands for the routing protocols are different.  Our initial
approach was to try to map the old cli exactly, but in many cases that
prevented us from being able to take advantage of the new features (for
example we can now support multiple bgp instances, but couldn't do that
with the old cli).  Another example of a cli change is vrrp which was
required if we wanted to support multiple vrrp groups per interface.

As for ospf md authentication, the new command for ospf authentication is
under the interface (similar to how cisco does it).  Try:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] set interfaces ethernet eth1 ip ospf authentication md5
key-id 1 md5-key testing123

must add the md5-key for key-id 1

[edit]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] commit

The warning message "must add the md5-key for key-id 1" is a cosmetic bug
that can be ignored (bug 2211).  Using wireshark I captured an OSPF hello
packet and verified that Auth Type is Cryptographic

Let me know if that works for you.

stig

  _____