Hi Nick,

Thanks for the great feedback!  We love to see this kind of input from
the community.  It's incredibly helpful.  Glendale has undergone a huge
number of changes and some of them, such as the CLI, are revolutionary
as opposed to evolutionary.  The goal is to have Glendale's new features
be useful as opposed to just different.  External feedback helps to keep
us honest to that goal.

Comments inline..

Nick Davey wrote:
> - top doesn't take you to the top of the command line hierarchy, it runs
> the shell top program. For example if you edit interfaces ethernet eth3,
> make changes and then type top it runs the top program.
This was bug 2616 and has been fixed.  It will be available in the next
release.

> -Right now it appears you can't edit service dhcp-server. The command
> line hierarchy was one of the best features of this CLI, it should be
> added to everything. I know it's a new command line and I hope this is
> something you guys are working on.
Not sure, but this may be related to 2614 which was fixed and should be
in the next release.

> - I think I saw this about the previous release, however it appears to
> be the same in Glendale. Even if an interface description is set in the
> command line SNMP returns the following values for interface
> Interface descriptions are a big deal in the service provider arena; it
> should be very easy to indentify interfaces by description. Descriptions
> should show up in the output of show interface system.
If you get a second would you take a look at bug 369 and submit some
feedback?

> - You don't seem to be able to use "run" to execute some commands from
> inside config mode. Just like do in Cisco IOS, run in this CLI is an
> essential tool that simplifies troubleshooting new configs
In config you should be able to just type in the command.  For example...

[edit]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ping 1.1.1.1

will work.

> - There doesn't seem to be a way to run OSPF of VIFs. Please tell me I'm
> crazy and this is not the case.
This looks like it has been fixed in the latest nightly build.

> - I don't mind the new CLI, however I REALLY miss the ? and the space
> auto completion. If there is any way we can work to getting that back I
> would be over the moon. I know there has been some discussion about
> this, but I figured I'd voice my opinion as well, as late as it is.
I've talked with An-Cheng about ? help.  I think we agreed that he would
set it up that ? would bind to help by default, but that it could be
turned on or off on a per user basis.  I need to follow up with him on
that.  Space completion has been submitted as bug 2771.

>  Can we use the
> clear ip ospf to reset the ospf process built into Quagga in the shell?
> - show ospf4 database self-originate is one of the best commands to
> troubleshoot ospf with, can we please work towards adding it?
I will open bugs on these and let you know what the bug numbers are.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Robert.