Had the same thing happen to me in the middle of a lake float-tubin'. (as I'm
sure MOST of the members of the board have)  You're right, the bastards start
getting frisky the closer the lightning gets.  I usually stay out and side cast
'cause I just hate giving up when the fishing gets hot.  (not smart, but
smarter than waving that lightning rod directly overhead!!!)  If I die by
lighting while fishing a hot lake, well I can think of a lot worse ways of
dying....

Sean