Well not having much luck on the imports. The scsi drive i ordered for the 7600 died after 1 day of use. Sounds as though heads have crashed which is about the worse thing that can happen to a HD.

Prob is i'll be able to return the drive for refund but since i'll lose about $200 in shipping and tax its hardly worth it.

Anyone know if this is possible to be repaired as i may try and get it repaired locally even if i have to pay something for it. Friend recommended trying IBM here as they should cover warranties which sounds like the best option. Apparently though the IBM repairs centre is over east and i'm not at all convinced they will cover it.

Hard Drive info:
new IBM 18gig SCSI with SCA adapter for 80 to 50 pin conversion. Worked fine for one day, installed, partitioned and used for a day, next day would no longer boot. Platter spins up normally but he heads make clicks when accessed initially suggesting stuck heads. It's not seen by Drive Setup so nothing i can really do on the software front. Not sure about the SCA adapter as i have no way to test the drive without it installed. Its self terminated sca as well as it took me a while to find this off the web. I have tried various jumper settings but don't think the drive even gets far enough for that.

Machine info:
7600, 512ram (well at least these worked fine), Powerlogix G4 450 working fine, os 9.1, 2 external SCSI drives and the 1 internal that has now been replaced with original 1 gig drive again.

Ohh nothing thing on HD. All this testing found i had 2 SCSI slots in an old external case so found my old 700meg drive i replaced years ago and put that in. Runs fine but Drive Setup won't touch it as it has FWB drivers. Does anyone know a way to change drivers back to apples as i would prefer to keep everything similar if i can.

will