Hi Antony and WAMUG folks.

There are iMac POS systems around. I recall seeming them in shops, as well as advertised in the Australian version of MacWorld Magazine.

A quick search on the web finds places like:
<http://www.macpos.com/pos.html>

This site has an Australian distribution for their product:
<http://www.probesoft.com/introduction.html>

I haven't used this product, nor am I suggesting that it might service all of your needs and requirements. But it's a starting point.

Cheers.
Derek.

At 2:45 AM +0800 30/11/01, Antony N. Lord wrote:
An associate of mine is starting a new business

* It will have a shop front
* It will also sell via the Internet

What we need is

* A point of sale (register) system
combined with
* Database / stock inventory / ordering
which in turn can be linked with
* On-line web catalog with "as real time as possible" stock levels

Can anyone recommend product(s) they have USED in similar circumstances?

--
Derek Ellerton <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Computer Support Officer, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry,
University of Western Australia.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't take a moment to
look around, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller