I have a problem that is erratic but seems to be increasing in frequency?
When on the net or collecting email I keep getting disconnected.
It's not a time-out thing as it often happens in the middle of an email
download or during a net page download.
I run OS 9.1 on a 400MHz Ti G4 Powerbook. Browser is IE 5.0. Mail app is
Outlook Express 5.02. ISP is Telstra Bigpond - normal local-call dial-up to
0198308888.
Typically I get the Apple message box saying that 'you have been
disconnected' sometimes I get a network error message from Outlook Express
(or occasionally I think from IE ).
At other times everything runs fine for hours.
from the above, can anyone tell me if the problem is likely to be
-bigpond disconnecting me
-problems with my phone line (I don't think this is it as I also had
problems when using the computer at another house)
-software problems
-hardware problems
-intermittant connection problem with my modem jack/connecting line

All suggestions gratefully received
-- 
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
Fax: +61 8 9841 6137
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]