on 01/02/02 13:18, Shay Telfer at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: >> -problems with my phone line (I don't think this is it as I also had >> problems when using the computer at another house) > > Was that also another house in Albany? It's possible the local > exchange is a bit dodgy. No this was in Claremont and the resident PC using iinet doesnt seem to have these problems. >> -hardware problems >> -intermittant connection problem with my modem jack/connecting line > > Another good possibility. Try it with a different cable. > Good idea, I'll try that. >> -bigpond disconnecting me > > Also probably a good bet :( > Any way to tell if it WAS (or is) bigpond disconnecting me? > Have fun, > Shay
-- Neil R. Houghton Albany, Western Australia Tel: +61 8 9841 6063 Fax: +61 8 9841 6137 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

