On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 11:06 AM, cb wrote:

> Hi wamuggers
>
> I created a ram disk yesterday (38.4 mb) and now cant disable it.
> Opening the icon...it is empty. When I try to erase any contents I
> have a message 'cannot erase a shared disk'!! If I do a get info on
> the ram disk icon it has 9 items used for 694k..but these are not
> visible??!!?
>
> Have tried restart, shutdown and the ram disk section of the memory
> control panel is ghosted out, so I cannot turn it off?? It says here
> that it is being shared. I dont really understand how it came to
> being shared.
>

I take it you have checked the File Sharing Control Panel to make sure 
that File Sharing is turned off? If not, go there and if FS is on, turn 
it off and then try erasing your RAM disk.

If FS is off and your machine still insists that the RAM disk is being 
shared, about the only thing left to do that I can think off is to zap 
your PRAM (hold down cmd-opt-P-R at startup and wait for at least 3 
startup chimes).

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]