On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 10:42 AM, Diana & Graham Stevens wrote:

> I have truncated my Netscape Bookmarks. All the folders after 'G' are
> gone. I have an old version on my Powerbook. Is there a way in which
> I can attach the bottom half of the old file to the truncated file?
>
> It was caused by the umpteenth Netscape crash. I backed everything
> up, ran Disk Warrior, rebuilt the desk top and did a clean install.
> That was when I discovered I had backed up the truncated file!

The Bookmarks file is just an HTML file, so you can use a decent text
editor like BBEdit for this. Open both files, copy the bottom half of
the old file and paste to the bottom of the truncated file. It should be
fairly obvious where to do this, even if you don't know much about HTML.

Then just save your modfied "truncated" file back to it's proper place
in your Prerefeneces:Netscape Users: folder.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer