Thanks to Peter and Derek the Bookmarks file is much longer again and I have got BBEdit Lite which will be very useful.

For Onno: I did try putting the file together before asking for help though I did not search the archive! I used MS Word and saved it as a text file. But it did not look like a Netscape file so instead of just using it I opened it in Netscape, did a 'save as' and ended up with a file with only the top line! I just tried the MS Word file (as it was) and it worked fine.

I have been told I should have had a sequential back-up. I did, but my Retrospect file failed just at the crucial time. I embarked upon it before doing my clean up and after 3 extra disks I looked to see how many I would need and it wanted another 94 x 100 MB Zips. As I did not have that many I had to give up and I presume I have lost the directory. Goodness knows what it was up to, I certainly had not used up that much space! Yesterday I went and ordered a new G4.

Diana