--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Shay Telfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Any ideas appreciated.
> >Colin Gordon
> 
> Sounds like you're trying to play a DiVX compressed movie. Try 
> downloading a codec from
> 
> <http://www.divx.com/>
> 
> Have fun,
> Shay
> 
> -- 
> =========================== Shay Telfer 
================================
> Perth, Western Australia Technomancer Sponsor WA's Solar Car
> Opinions for hire [POQ] Sungroper
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] fnord <http://sungroper.asn.au/>

Thanks Shay,
I downloaded a Mac 'alpha test codec' from that site. Unfortunately it did 
nothing, 
but now for some reason when I opened an avi, quicktime prompted for 'Indeo 
video' from the quicktime site. I downloaded it and it now works. Happy days.

Do you know how to play other formats downloaded from the net with the 'exe' 
extension? I have the "enable Quicktime Exchange option in the quicktime 
settings 
control panel" ticked but this doesn't help. ???
Thanks
Colin