On 5/2/02 10:27 AM, "argent41" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Thanks Shay,
> I downloaded a Mac 'alpha test codec' from that site. Unfortunately it did
> nothing, 
> but now for some reason when I opened an avi, quicktime prompted for 'Indeo
> video' from the quicktime site. I downloaded it and it now works. Happy days.

My suggestion would be to download Windows Media Player 7 for avi and asf
files. Saves mucking around with dodgy codecs for Quicktime! BTW, if you
want to watch divx files, the better method at the moment is Windows Media
Player 6.3 with the divx codec to suit. From my knowledge, sound does not
work with the current Quicktime codec.

> Do you know how to play other formats downloaded from the net with the 'exe'
> extension? I have the "enable Quicktime Exchange option in the quicktime
> settings 
> control panel" ticked but this doesn't help. ???
> Thanks
> Colin

You will need Virtual PC or a similar program to run .exe files. They are
programs designed for PCs. Even though there might be video contained
within them, it is likely that the media player for the video is bundled
into the file (or it is a self-extracting archive created by winzip).

Seeya

Rod!